This course is an introduction to the Microsoft® Office 365™ (with Skype® for Business) in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft® Office 2013 on a local computer.
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the Office 2010 or 2013 desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Sign in to and navigate in the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Office Web Apps and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Use email and manage contacts with the Outlook Web Apps.
- Use instant messaging and online meetings with Skype for Business.
- Set up your mobile devices to work with Office 365.
This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
To ensure your success, you will need competence in at least one of the primary applications in the 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, and/or Microsoft® Excel®), and competence in using the locally installed version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013 for email and calendaring. To meet these prerequisites, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or Microsoft® Windows® 8.1: Transition from Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Word 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2013: Part 1
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Topic A: Sign In to Office 365
- Topic B: Explore the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Topic A: Work with Shared Documents on the Team Site
- Topic B: Edit Documents in Web Apps
- Topic C: Collaborate on the SharePoint Team Site
- Topic D: Work with My Site
Lesson 3: Using the Outlook Web Apps
- Topic A: Use the Email Web App
- Topic B: Manage Contacts
- Topic C: Use the Calendar Web App
- Topic D: Personalize Your Outlook Web Apps
Lesson 4: Communicating with Skype for Business
- Topic A: Overview of Skype for Business
- Topic B: Use IM
- Topic C: Make Phone and Video Calls
Lesson 5: Using Skype for Business Meetings
- Topic A: Initiate Meetings
- Topic B: Use Meeting Controls and Options
- Topic C: Customize Skype for Business
Lesson 6: Interacting with Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Use Office 365 on Your Windows 8.1 Tablet
- Topic B: Access Office 365 Email with Your Smartphone
- Topic C: Access Office 365 Documents from a Mobile Device